Starting today: The Month of LibreOffice, May 2020 – get cool merchandise!
Thanks to our worldwide community of developers and supporters, every release of LibreOffice includes new features, bugfixes, compatibility boosts, translations, and other improvements. This month, we want to show our appreciation to everyone who helps out – and encourage more people to join our projects! So how are we going to do this?
Well, everyone who contributes can claim an awesome sticker pack at the end of the month:
And then, we’ll also choose 20 contributors at random to receive a piece of bonus merchandise – a LibreOffice mug, T-shirt or 10/20 anniversary hoodie (proudly modelled in the photo above).
How to get your stickers
So, let’s get started! There are many ways you can help out – and you don’t need to be a developer. For instance, you can be a…
- Handy Helper, answering questions from users on Ask LibreOffice. We’re keeping an eye on that site so if you give someone useful advice, you can claim your shiny stickers.
- First Responder, helping to confirm new bug reports: go to our Bugzilla page and look for new bugs. If you can recreate one, add a comment like “CONFIRMED on Windows 10 and LibreOffice 6.4.3”.
- Drum Beater, spreading the word: tell everyone about LibreOffice on Twitter or Mastodon! Just say why you love it or what you’re using it for, add the #libreoffice hashtag, and at the end of the month you can claim your stickers.
- Globetrotter, translating the user interface: LibreOffice is available in a wide range of languages, but its interface translations need to be kept up-to-date. Or maybe you want to translate the suite to a whole new language? Get involved here.
- Code Cruncher, contributing source code: The codebase is big, but there are lots of places to get involved with small jobs. See our Developers page on the website and this page on the wiki to get started.
- Docs Doctor, writing documentation: Whether you want to update the online help or add chapters to the handbooks, here’s where to start.
So there’s plenty to do! As the contributions come in, we’ll be updating this page every day with usernames across our various services. So dive in, get involved and help make LibreOffice better for millions of people around the world – and enjoy your sticker pack at the end as thanks from us. And who knows, maybe you’ll be lucky enough to win a bonus hoodie, T-shirt or mug as well…
Let’s go! We’ll be posting regular updates on this blog and our Mastodon and Twitter accounts over the next four weeks – stay tuned!