On May 1st we started a new Month of LibreOffice campaign, to give credit to contributions all across the project. So, after the first week, how is it looking? Well, here’s how many stickers have been awarded so far…
That’s a great start – 121 members of the LibreOffice community who’ll get a shiny sticker at the end of the month. Click the number to see how the contributions are spread across code, QA, documentation, user support and other areas. Of course, there’s more to come, and if you want to get a sticker for your laptop or other device, read on! Every contribution to LibreOffice can help millions of users across the globe.
How to get a sticker
There are many ways you can help the LibreOffice project and claim a sticker:
- Help to confirm bugs: go to our Bugzilla page and look for new bugs. If you can recreate one, add a comment like “CONFIRMED on Windows 10 and LibreOffice 5.3.2”. (Make sure you’re using the latest version of LibreOffice.)
- Contribute code: The codebase is big, but there are lots of places to get involved with small jobs. See our Developers page on the website and this page on the wiki to get started. Once you’ve submitted a patch, if it gets merged we’ll send you a sticker!
- Translate the interface: LibreOffice is available in a wide range of languages, but its interface translations need to be kept up-to-date. Or maybe you want to translate the suite to a whole new language? Get involved here.
- Write documentation: Another way to earn a badge is to help the LibreOffice documentation team. Whether you want to update the online help or add chapters to the handbooks, here’s where to start.
- Answer questions from users: Over on Ask LibreOffice there are many users looking for help with the suite. We’re keeping an eye on that site so if you give someone useful advice, you can claim a shiny sticker.
- Spread the word: Tell everyone about LibreOffice on Twitter! Just say why you love it or what you’re using it for, add the #libreoffice hashtag, and at the end of the month you can claim a sticker. (We have a maximum of 100 stickers for this category, in case the whole internet starts tweeting!)
Stay tuned to this blog for further updates during the month!