Berlin, March 2, 2023 – LibreOffice 7.5.1 Community, the first minor release of the LibreOffice 7.5 line, the volunteer-supported free office suite for desktop productivity, is available from our download page for Windows (Intel/AMD and ARM processors), macOS (Apple Silicon and Intel processors), and Linux .
Most Significant New Features of LibreOffice 7.5
• Major improvements to dark mode support
• New application and MIME-type icons, more colorful and vibrant
• The Start Centre can filter documents by type
• An improved version of the Single Toolbar UI has been implemented
• PDF Export improved with several fixes, and new options and features
• Support for font embedding on macOS
• Improvements to the Font Features dialog with several new options
• Addition of a zoom slider at the bottom right of the macro editor
• Bookmarks have been significantly improved, and are also much more visible
• Objects can be marked as decorative, for better accessibility
• New types added to content controls, which also improve the quality of PDF forms
• A new automatic accessibility checker option has been added to the Tools menu
• Initial machine translation is available, based on DeepL translate APIs
• Several spell checking improvements
• Data tables are now supported in charts
• The Function Wizard now lets you search by descriptions
• “Spell out” number formats have been added
• Conditional formatting conditions are now case insensitive
• Correct behavior when entering numbers with a single prefix quote (‘)
IMPRESS & DRAW
• New set of default table styles, and creation of table styles
• Table styles can be customized, saved as master elements and exported
• Objects can be drag-and-dropped in the navigator
• It is now possible to crop inserted videos in the slide and still play them
• The presenter console can also run as a normal window instead of fullscreen
A description of all new features is available in the Release Notes.
Based on the distinctive features of the LibreOffice Technology platform for personal productivity on desktop, mobile and cloud, LibreOffice 7.5 provides a large number of improvements and new features targeted at users sharing documents with MS Office or migrating from MS Office. These users should check new releases of LibreOffice on a regular basis, as the progress is so fast, that each new version improves dramatically over the previous one.
Products based on LibreOffice Technology are available for major desktop operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux and Chrome OS), for mobile platforms (Android and iOS), and for the cloud.
For enterprise-class deployments, TDF strongly recommends the LibreOffice Enterprise family of applications from ecosystem partners – for desktop, mobile and cloud – with a large number of dedicated value-added features and other benefits such as SLA (Service Level Agreements).
Availability of LibreOffice 7.5.1 Community
LibreOffice 7.5.1 Community is available from our download page. Minimum requirements for proprietary operating systems are Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 and Apple macOS 10.14. LibreOffice Technology-based products for Android and iOS are listed here.
The Document Foundation does not provide technical support for users, although they can get it from volunteers on user mailing lists and the Ask LibreOffice website.
LibreOffice users, free software advocates and community members can support The Document Foundation with a donation.
 Change Log Pages: RC1 and RC2.