The 2022 edition of the Latin-American LibreOffice Conference will take place in Brasilia, Brazil between August 25 and 26. The event will be held at the Catholic University of Brasília, in the Taquaritinga – DF.
The conference aims to bring together the community of LibreOffice contributors and users and promote the dissemination of knowledge and experiences related to LibreOffice. The planned tracks for talks and lectures will cover the following topics:
- Cases of LibreOffice adoption in companies, governments, educational institutions, NGOs, etc.
- LibreOffice usage tutorials
- Getting started with contributing to LibreOffice (development, documentation, translations, etc)
- Improving and promoting LibreOffice (user communities, marketing, design, quality)
- Inclusion and diversity in free software and LibreOffice
The event will be organized by the Brazilian LibreOffice community, with the joint participation of other communities in Latin America and the world. Representatives from The Document Foundation – LibreOffice maintainer – will also participate in the event.
The submissions of talks and lecture proposals will be open from May 1 to June 30, 2022. The procedures for submitting proposals will be announced shortly.
About the Catholic University of Brasília
The Catholic Educational Center of Brasília is an institution maintained by the Brazilian Union of Catholic Education – UBEC. It is a civil, confessional, private, non-profit, educational, assistance, cultural and philanthropic association.
About The Document Foundation
The Document Foundation is the legal entity that maintains LibreOffice, based in Berlin, Germany. The Document foundation is a non-profit foundation under German law (gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts).