The new Guide comes one week after the release of the latest LibreOffice Community software
Jean H. Weber and Kees Kriek from the LibreOffice Documentation Team are happy to announce the immediate availability of the Writer Guide 7.2, one week after the release of LibreOffice Community 7.2
LibreOffice 7.2 Community includes many changes not visible in the user interface. These changes include improved interoperability with Microsoft’s proprietary file formats and performance improvements in handling large files, opening certain .docx and .xlsx files, managing font caching, and opening presentations and drawings that contain large images.
The Writer Guide 7.2 has been updated from Writer Guide 7.1. It covers changes that are visible in the user interface, including:
- Added a note about icon sets and Gallery sets in this Preface.
- Added details about the Insert > Formatting Mark submenu (Chapter 2).
- Updated list terminology and changed screenshots in Chapters 4, 8, 9, 11, and anywhere else lists are mentioned.
- Added new gutter margins and choices for page background fills (Chapters 5, 6, and 9).
- Updated details about some options on tabs of the PDF Options dialog (Chapter 7).
- Added new, advanced features of the Style Inspector (Chapter 9)
- Updated details about Templates dialog (Chapter 10).
- Added “no registered database” error message in Mail Merge Wizard (Chapter 14).
- Added information on classifying document contents (Chapter 17).
- Added Basic Fonts options and custom dictionaries (Chapter 20).
- New Chapter 21 on user interface variants.
- Minor rewording, updates to terminology, and replacement figures in many chapters.
LibreOffice Community 7.2 release notes are here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/7.2.
A big thank you to Jean and Kees for their wonderful work.
The LibreOffice Documentation Team is devoted to produce the best documentation for LibreOffice and is open to everyone interested in contributing to our collective effort.