LibreOffice Macro Team: progress report
Macros help users to automate common tasks in LibreOffice. In September 2019 we announced a new team in our community to work on macro support. A progress report was published in November 2019, so let’s review everything that happened since then.
If you are interested in contributing to the macro team (development, testing or documentation), we’d love to hear from you – please send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get in touch.
Thanks to Nathan Ullberg, many wiki articles previously only available in French can now be read in English as well. Nathan also updated existing articles and created an article about manipulating LineShape objects in Impress. Detailed lists of his work can be found on his wiki user page.
Alain Romedenne worked alongside Nathan with the macro articles and translations. He added LibreOffice Basic cheatsheets from Jean-François Nifenecker into the wiki and created a new article concerning input/output to screen with Python. Alain also started creating syntax diagrams for LibreOffice Basic.
Code contributions from macro team members
- cInt function treats, as decimal
- Tab label too low within macro editor
- Typename function does not return the correct data type of a numeric constant
- Consider an underscore to be part of a string
- Adding variable to Watch window performs incorrectly if variable name contains_underscores
- Default values of string type and object type for optional parameters are not processed
- Data Type Characters with literals don’t affect resulting value type
- Don’t convert missing parameters to requested type
- Tests for VBA Enum statement, VBA Err object raise method and LibreOffice Basic Property Get/Set
Code contributions from honorary associate members
Mike Kaganski (Collabora):
- A missing optional argument is treated as a not declared variable
- ReDim is slow when array custom type is explicitly known
- Unicode vs. password protected user libraries
- XTextTableCursor::setPropertyValue(“BackColor”, x) sets paragraph background color, not cell background
- Use actual string leading characters for correct precondition match
- Searching the CharEscapement attribute using regexes replaces additional text
- Various internal improvements to array handling and stability
Samuel Mehrbrodt (CIB):
- Base macros cannot be digitally signed
- Can’t compare text range in table with text range in body text
- XItemListener::itemStateChanged not fired when changing selection with arrows
Jan-Marek Glogowski (CIB):
- Don’t ask to add a trusted macro signature, if trusted macro signatures are read-only
- Creating a new document from a template removes the signature from all Macros
- Crash when terminating the StarDesktop from running a document macro
Caolán McNamara (Red Hat):
- Selecting items in a visible list box in a dialog is very slow
- Problem scrolling past lines 999 & 1000 in the LibreOffice Calc Macro editor, in either direction if View – Line Numbers enabled
Stephan Bergmann (Red Hat):
- Various internal improvements to stability
Improved by Alain Romedenne:
Added by Alain Romedenne:
Improved by Mike Kaganski (Collabora):
Improved by Stephan Bergmann (Red Hat):
Thanks to everyone who worked on these tasks! Everyone is welcome to join our community and get involved – just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.
Menestystä avoimen koodin kehittäjille!