LibreOffice has a new Macro Team
Power users often implement macros in their documents, and LibreOffice’s volunteer contributors are typically power users, so it makes sense to ensure the tools they need are in excellent shape. We are excited to announce the creation of a dedicated team for macro improvements in the LibreOffice contributor community.
The team composition is currently as follows:
- Andreas Heinisch, a new contributor who has improved the user interface of macro editing
- Tomoyuki Kubota, a contributor for 1.5 years who has done bug and build system fixes and code cleanups
- Luane, a new contributor who is improving the documentation related to macros and extension development as well as analysing macro-related bug reports
- Alain Romedenne, a veteran documenter of macro matters
To make sure the macro team can work efficiently, the LibreOffice quality assurance team has cleaned up the collection of macro issues. The QA team will offer help to all macro team members to the best of its ability.
Examples of tasks the team members have worked on:
- Article on creating a Hello World LibreOffice extension
- A guide for designing and developing Python applications for LibreOffice
- Beanshell editor: Show current file name as window title
- Fix for macro list sorting
- Fix indenting in Beanshell Editor
- Make WatchWindow in macro editor report correct type for global constants
If you are interested in contributing to the macro team (development, testing or documentation), please send an email to email@example.com. Thanks!
I couldn’t open LibreOffice to follow my inspiration to write tales.
What is the matter that I cannot open LibreOffice?
A desillusionated woman.