16 May 2023
Month of LibreOffice, May 2023 – Half-way point!
So far, 202 sticker packs have been awarded in the Month of LibreOffice, May 2023. But we’re only half of the way through – so if your name (or username) isn’t on the list, join in, help to make LibreOffice even better, and get some cool swag! We’ll have 10 bonus pieces of merchandise to give away, to 10 lucky people…
How to take part
So, let’s get started! There are many ways you can help out – and as mentioned, you don’t need to be a developer. For instance, you can be a…
- Handy Helper, answering questions from users on Ask LibreOffice. We’re keeping an eye on that site so if you give someone useful advice, you can claim your shiny stickers.
- First Responder, helping to confirm new bug reports: go to our Bugzilla page and look for new bugs. If you can recreate one, add a comment like “CONFIRMED on Windows 11 and LibreOffice 7.5.3”.
- Drum Beater, spreading the word: tell everyone about LibreOffice on Twitter or Mastodon! Just say why you love it or what you’re using it for, add the #libreoffice hashtag, and at the end of the month you can claim your stickers.
- Globetrotter, translating the user interface: LibreOffice is available in a wide range of languages, but its interface translations need to be kept up-to-date. Or maybe you want to translate the suite to a whole new language? Get involved here.
- Code Cruncher, contributing source code: The codebase is big, but there are lots of places to get involved with small jobs. See our Developers page on the website and this page on the wiki to get started.
- Docs Doctor, writing documentation: Whether you want to update the online help or add chapters to the handbooks, here’s where to start.
I am trying to get Help with LibreOffice.
The first thing naturally asked through any contact with a company is to Log In.
But that is my first obstacle because when I try to Log In it asks for my password.
I have forgotten my password.
So I filled out the form to reset password, but that bounces back saying that it can’t be completed or some other BS.
So I thought that I would register as a new user with you, but then it says it can’t do that because i am already registered , and can’t use the same email address.
Look all I want to do is get help with a problem with libreoffice but if i cant get through the front gate can you erase my current registration and help me re rgister with you so i can move on