FOSDEM 2022 will be a virtual event, taking place online on Saturday, February 5, and Sunday, February 6. The LibreOffice DevRoom is scheduled for Sunday, February 6, from 9AM to 7PM (times to be confirmed). If we will get more interesting talk proposals than the maximum number we can fit in one day, we will have the opportunity to extend the DevRoom to Saturday, February 5, in the afternoon.
NEW RULES FOR 2022
- The reference time will be Brussels local time (CET).
- Talks will be pre-recorded in advance, and streamed during the event
- Q/A session will be live
- A facility will be provided for people watching to chat between themselves
- A facility will be provided for people watching to submit questions
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- December 26: Submission deadline
- December 28: Announcement of selected talks
- December 31: Publication of DevRoom final schedule
- January 16: Availability of pre-recordings for review
- January 23: Deadline for upload of presentations
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are inviting proposals for talks about LibreOffice Technology, including ODF standard document format, on topics such as code, localization, QA, UX, documentation, tools, extensions, migrations and general advocacy. Please keep in mind that product pitches are not allowed at FOSDEM.
The length of talks is limited to a maximum of 25 minutes, as we would like to have some minutes for questions after each presentation, and to fit as many presenters as possible in the schedule. Exceptions must be explicitly requested and justified. You may be assigned LESS time than you have requested.
- Presentations have to be pre-recorded and tested for streaming before the event.
- Once your talk is pre-recorded, and approved by a reviewer in term of quality for streaming, it will have to be uploaded by January 23, to be prepared and ready for broadcast (the deadline cannot be moved further).
- During the stream of talks, speakers must be available online for the Q/A session.
All talk submissions have to be made in the Pentabarf event planning tool: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM22.
While filing the proposal, please provide the title of your talk, a short abstract (one or two paragraphs), some information about yourself (name, bio and photo, but please do remember that your profile might be already stored in Pentabarf). To submit your talk, click on “Create Event” and select the “LibreOffice Technology” DevRoom as the “Track”. Otherwise, your talk will not be even considered for any devroom at all.
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous year, even if your talk was not accepted, please reuse it. Create an account if, and only if, you don’t have one from a previous year. If you have any issues with Pentabarf, please get in touch with the DevRoom manager.
Italo Vignoli: firstname.lastname@example.org