Gökhan Gurbetoğlu from our Turkish community organised some LibreOffice training earlier this month. Here’s his summary:
It was a two-day training, 2-3 October 2018, from 10:00 to 17:00. The training took place in İstanbul, as part of the Open Source in Public Institutions Conference’s local sessions (Kamu Açık Kaynak Konferansı).
There were 25 trainees on both days. The first day started with a quick introduction to LibreOffice’s interface and continued with Writer. Then the second day was for Calc. In Writer I focused on:
- Introduction to Writer’s interface
- Selection methods
- Working with documents
- Formatting: text, paragraphs, pages, styles
- Referencing: index, table of contents, etc.
- Tables, images and other embedded objects
- Settings and customization
While in Calc I focused on:
- Introduction to Calc’s interface
- Working with spreadsheets: moving inside the spreadsheet, cell referencing, hiding, locking cells, etc.
- Numbered lists and series
- Formula bar and functions
- Formatting: cells, pages, styles
- Charts: creating and modifying
- Data and filters
- Ended with telling the most used functions in Calc
Thanks to Gökhan for organising the training and his report! Learn more about LibreOffice training and certification options here.