There’s one more week to go in the Month of LibreOffice for May 2017 – so you still have a chance to get a snazzy printed sticker for your laptop or desktop PC! Here’s how many stickers have been awarded so far:
Click the number to see how the contributions are spread across projects in the community. Want to get a sticker yourself? Read on! Just by helping other users on Ask LibreOffice, or confirming a bug report, you can make LibreOffice better and get one of these…
How to get a sticker
There are many ways you can help the LibreOffice project and claim a sticker:
- Answer questions from users: Over on Ask LibreOffice there are many users looking for help with the suite. We’re keeping an eye on that site so if you give someone useful advice, you can claim a shiny sticker.
- Help to confirm bugs: go to our Bugzilla page and look for new bugs. If you can recreate one, add a comment like “CONFIRMED on Windows 10 and LibreOffice 5.3.2”. (Make sure you’re using the latest version of LibreOffice.)
- Translate the interface: LibreOffice is available in a wide range of languages, but its interface translations need to be kept up-to-date. Or maybe you want to translate the suite to a whole new language? Get involved here.
- Write documentation: Another way to earn a badge is to help the LibreOffice documentation team. Whether you want to update the online help or add chapters to the handbooks, here’s where to start.
- Contribute code: The codebase is big, but there are lots of places to get involved with small jobs. See our Developers page on the website and this page on the wiki to get started. Once you’ve submitted a patch, if it gets merged we’ll send you a sticker!
- Spread the word: Tell everyone about LibreOffice on Twitter! Just say why you love it or what you’re using it for, add the #libreoffice hashtag, and at the end of the month you can claim a sticker. (We have a maximum of 100 stickers for this category, in case the whole internet starts tweeting!)
Don’t miss out! On June 1st we’ll post the results, and then start sending out the stickers…