The LibreOffice and openSUSE communities will have a joint conference next year in Nuremberg, Germany, and for this special co-conference, we are having a logo competition. The dates of the event are still being finalized, but there are some things we can do beforehand.
A logo is essential for the conference and we want to visualize both communities during this co-conference as LibreOffice will celebrate its 10-year anniversary and openSUSE will celebrate its 15-year anniversary during the conference.
You have seen both the openSUSE Conference logo and LibOCon logo change over the years. For this unique co-conference, we would like to have a unique logo reflecting both communities in one logo.
The competition is open now and ends on January 17, 2020. The organising team will send a “Mystery Box” as an appreciation for the best logo designed. This year, logo will be voted on by the organizers of the conference.
Deadline: 17 January 2020 UTC 13:00
Announcement of winner: 1 February 2020 at FOSDEM
The Rules of the Contest are as follows:
- The logo should be licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 and allow everyone to use the logo without attribution (BY) if your work is used as the logo of LibOCon/oSC20. Note that the attribution is going to be shown on the conference website.
- Design must be original and should not include any third party materials.
- Both monochromes and color formats are essential for submission.
- Submissions must be in SVG format.
- Design should reflect the LibreOffice and openSUSE communities.
- The logo should avoid the following things:
- Brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- Illustrations that may be considered inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
- Sexually explicit or provocative images.
- Violence or weapons.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- Discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals.
- Religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- The logo should follow the LibreOffice Branding Guidelines and the openSUSE Project Trademark Guidelines.
- The branding guidelines will be helpful to design your logo (optional).
Please submit your design to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following entries:
- Subject: Co-Conference Logo Design 2020 – [your name]
- Your name and mail address to contact
- A document about philosophy of the design (txt or pdf)
- Vector file of the design with SVG format ONLY (created in eg LibreOffice Draw, Inkscape or another tool)
- Bitmap of design in attachment — image size: 256*256 px at least, PNG format
- File size less than 512 KB
The co-conference organizing team will decide on the logos, which is subject to the conditions that the logo meets all the requirements. The final decision will be made by the co-conference organizing team and it may not be the highest scored design.
We look forward to seeing your designs!
(Note: The LibOCon logo competition should not be confused with the LibreOffice 10th anniversary logo contest, which will be announced separately via our blog – stay tuned for more…)