The Document Foundation launches a competition to increase the number of document templates bundled with the upcoming major release of Libreoffice, open to designers, artists, and creatively talented users.
Deadline for submission, to be included in LibreOffice 4.4, is January 4, 2015. Templates submitted after this deadline will be considered for later LibreOffice major and minor releases, like LibreOffice 4.5 or LibreOffice 4.4.1.
Templates will be selected by the members of the LibreOffice Design Team, and may be edited before the inclusion. Authors of the templates bundled with LibreOffice 4.4 will get a free T-shirt either at LibreOffice booth at FOSDEM on Saturday January 31, or Sunday February 1, 2015, or by post after FOSDEM, and will be credited with a mention on http://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/credits/. They will also have a chance to meet LibreOffice developers and the design team during and after the show.
To be considered for inclusion, templates must meet the following conditions:
- They are an original work, and are not converted from existing templates.
- They are licensed under Creative Commons CC0.
- They are based only on fonts bundled with LibreOffice (Caladea, Carlito, DejaVu, Gentium, Liberation, Libertine G, Open Sans, PT Serif, Source Code, Source Sans).
- They are based on LibreOffice styles, and not on direct element formatting. Styles must be created according to the expected use of the template.
- They contain only a minimum of text (ideally, no text at all), as they will not be translated for LibreOffice 4.4. Because of that, language must be en_us.
To participate, either upload the template on TDF wiki or send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add it to the list. Templates will be collected here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Templates_for_LibreOffice_4.4.
Please specify the category and/or the intended use of the template, and the license of the template. You can send any number of templates, provided that all of them meet the above conditions.
For more information about creating templates, please check here: https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Creating_a_Document_Template and
As an example, categories of templates could be: books of various types, address/phone books, business cards, calendars, curriculum vitae/resumes, essays, expense reports, letters, lists, records and reports of various types, schedules, etc.
Be creative ! We look forward to bundle your template designs !