The Document Foundation (TDF), the charitable entity behind the world’s leading free office suite LibreOffice, seeks for companies or individuals to
develop and incorporate multi-language support for UI and test cases within Moztrap
to start work as soon as possible.
TDF currently plans to invest in expanding the capabilities of its test case management system (Moztrap). TDF’s instance of Moztrap, running MySQL as database backend, is currently only available in one language (English). In order to add more use cases and to incorporate more of our international community in testing, TDF is looking for an individual or company to, as a turnkey project, expand the capabilities of Moztrap to allow its international community to:
- ability to switch language of the UI (or make the UI localizable)
- ability to manage test cases in several languages (including complex scripts and RTL)
- ability to create runs in several languages (including complex scripts and RTL)
Note: TDF is not asking for the translation itself, only to add the ability for others to translate and add to native language instances of Moztrap.
- English (Conversationally fluent in order to coordinate and plan with members of TDF)
- Experience with the MozTrap source code (https://github.com/mozilla/moztrap) and its dependencies (https://github.com/mozilla/moztrap-vendor-lib/tree/master/lib/python) recommended
- Connection to the up-stream MozTrap project, to provide a reasonable assurance that the work will be folded-back into the up-stream project
TDF welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We exclusively use free, libre and open source (FLOSS) software for development whereever possible and the resulting work must be licensed under MPLv2.
As always, TDF will give some preference to individuals who have previously shown a commitment to TDF, including but not limited to members of TDF. Not being a member, or never having contributed before, does not exclude any applicants from consideration.
For more information about TDF’s Moztrap please visit https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/MozTrap
To visit our current running instance of Moztrap please visit http://manual-test.libreoffice.org/results/runs/
To see our current Moztrap code, plugins and fixes please visit https://github.com/yifanjiang/moztrap
The task offered is a project-based one-off, with no immediate plans to a mid- or long-term contractual relationship. It is offered on a freelance, project basis. Individuals and companies applying can be located anywhere in the world.
TDF is looking forward to receiving your applications, including company presentation, your financial expectations (name the final price for the turnkey project), and the earliest date of your availability, via e-mail to Florian Effenberger at email@example.com no later than March 15, 2015. You can encrypt your message via PGP/GnuPG.
Applicants who have not received feedback by April 15, 2015 should consider that their application, after careful review, was not accepted.